VP Pro Grade 5W30 Oil
Pro Grade 5W-30 synthetic oil provides enhanced durability for racing engines. It’s full synthetic formula includes advanced anti-wear chemistries and a cutting-edge balance of friction and viscosity modifiers that boost HP and lower operating temps.
VP LUBRICANTS DIFFERENCEVP applies a 3-pronged approach to lubricant design. As a result, you get a remarkably stable 5w30 synthetic oil that allows race engines of all types to achieve extraordinary performance and durability:
- For starters, we use select base oils with polar characteristics. Consequently, it improves the ability of the oil to cling to metal components by improving viscosity.
- Secondly, we add a balance of multiple anti-wear chemistries into the oil beyond zinc (ZDDP). These anti-wear additives adhere to metal surfaces to create a tremendous layer of protection.
- Finally, we include unique friction modifiers that reduce both fluid-to-fluid friction and surface friction between the oil and moving metal components. This helps to unlock horsepower and torque.
- Suited for high horsepower, high-RPM, big block race engines
- High temp/High shear protection
- Anti-foam additive chemistry
- Protects flat tappet and roller cams
- DO NOT mix oil additive supplements with Pro Grade 5W30 Synthetic Oil
- Not compatible with top-fuel/nitro drag racing
- Not compatible with catalytic converters, which are on most street car
Need more proof? Multiple engine builders, including Al Moody Race Engines, have performed dyno tests of VP’s engine oils. Those tests have documented real horsepower gains. Many of those same engine builders have also done documented video teardowns to inspect wear on engines. The engine sizes ranged from 355 cubic inch dirt track motors to 3,000hp big block marine engines. The results show that engine internals look virtually new and can be reused beyond traditional replacement intervals.
Did you know that oil viscosity is motor oil's most important physical property? Learn about oil viscosity and why it's so critical. VP engineers a full line of high-quality racing motor oil and lubricants for a wide variety of applications.