- Our most versatile ATF use where Dexron III® Dexron II® Mercon® and Mercon V® fluids are recommended for use in automatic manual transmissions and power steering
- Popular applications: Toyota Type T-III and T-IV Honda ATF-Z1 Nissan Matic D J & K Diamond SP-II SP-III Mazda ATF M-V most BMW and Audi/VW automatic transmissions
- Also used with manual transmissions and transaxles like T-5 T-45 T-56 and late-model BMW provides a GL-4 level of gear protection
- Excellent cold weather operation
Since most GL-5 gear oils for differentials are too slippery for manual transmissions, Red Line offers these products that ensure proper shifting while providing ultimate wear protection
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronisers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MT-LV, MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
A full OEM compatibility list can be found in the 'Technical Details' tab.
D4 ATF is a fully-synthetic product designed with superior low-temperature properties compared to a Dexron III® fluid, and the improved shear-stability requirements which is part of the Mercon V® specifications.
D4 ATF also provides a GL-4 level of gear protection, making it a superior product for transmissions and transaxles. The balanced frictional characteristics provides smooth and consistent shifts for extended drain intervals. The superior stability compared to petroleum ATFs allows high-temperature operation without varnishing valves and clutches which leads to transmission failure.
|SAE Viscosity Grade (Motor Oil)||0W20|
|SAE Viscosity Grade (Gear Oil)||70W80|
|Vis @ 100°C, cSt||7.5|
|Vis @ 40°C, cSt||34|
|Pour Point, °C||-60|
|Pour Point, °F||-76|
|Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C, Poise||52|