- Capable of reflecting over 90% of radiant heat
- Flexible bends and conforms to almost any shape
- Simple installation install in minutes!
- Perfect radiant heat shield for ABOVE mufflers catalytic converters DPF and more
- Made in the USA
Thermaflect Shield™ is a universal flexible heat shield that deflects heat away and is rugged enough to be used for almost any radiant heat application. If used with a 1" (2.5cm) air gap between the heat source and Thermaflect Shield™ and with good airflow, this heatshield can reflect over 90 percent of radiant heat. We use a 1/4" (6.4mm) thick BioCool thermal-barrier inner pad sandwiched between heavy-duty foil, bound and sewn together with a stainless steel mesh at the edges. BioCool is a non-caustic, non-flammable thermal barrier. It does not cause itching and won’t smoke or smell the first time it is heat-cycled. By binding the edges with this mesh, we created greater flexibility and a more rugged product. This heatshield withstands 594 degrees C continuous radiant heat, and 260 degrees C direct when in direct contact.
Thermaflect Shield™ is intended for wrapping around air boxes, electrical boxes and air conditioning components or is used to shield radiant heat from catalytic converters, mufflers and DPF, and on the bottom of the floorpans. Thermaflect Shield™ may be fastened with Thermal-Tie™, safety wire, screws or rivets.
Our range of Heatshield Products Thermaflect Shield™ are available for next day delivery across the UK, subject to stock. See our delivery terms for more details.
- Insulation type: Heatshield barrier - reflects radiant heat away
- Not to be used directly on exhaust system.
- Base Material: BioCool insulation, aluminium
- Colour: Aluminium